Role Description – Educator – Part Time, In-Store
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUMMARY: The salesperson within the health & wellness retail store should possess a positive, outgoing, and caring attitude towards all customers. The vibrant wellness consultant is essential to successful retail sales. Sales in retail require the ability to learn new products in the health, wellness, and medical categories and to explain the function and benefit of these items to customers and how they can aid in the person’s unique wellness journey.
EDUCATOR, ROLE: To make Remedy Health & Wellness the best in the business by any measure, by:
- Building relationships with customers, referrals and community members around the topic of wellness. Showing the community that Remedy has the solutions they need, and looking for ways to be more helpful.
- Sell and upsell solutions that make the customer feel great about their purchase.
- Empowering and inspiring people in their unique wellness journey.
- Developing my competencies in whatever means necessary and relevant, to ensure that what needs to happen happens, and what should not happen does not.
- Developing competencies with all company product categories and products in order to give excellent guidance to customers.
- Constantly being on the lookout for customer and industry insights that will further advance our purpose.
- Mastering the subtle details that are important to our customers that sets us apart, fulfilling my customers’ goals and adding tremendous value to their lives.
- Regularly looking for ways to improve the lines of business that are meaningful, and working to eliminate waste.
- Becoming an expert in my field and regularly helping those in my community with what I’ve learned.
Sales & Service Standards
- Understands and follows company customer service standards and expectations.
- Builds customer clientele by making customer satisfaction the store’s top priority.
- Effectively implements Store Manager Priorities to achieve sales and service goals.
- Ensures a fast and efficient checkout for customers. Processes all register transactions promptly and accurately.
- Keeps informed on new products and their features and benefits. Increases average ticket sales by modeling suggestive selling skills through add-ons sales opportunities.
- Consistently develops in-depth product knowledge by reading merchandise packaging, product brochures, and vendor information and by asking questions as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma required. Plus 2-3 years’ experience in a retail environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: A strong understanding of retail POS systems required. Must be very comfortable working on a computer.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds occasionally, 30 pounds of weight frequently, and 10-25 pounds of weight constantly in order to lift and move product.
- Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing a ladder.
- Ability to occasionally crouch, squat, reach, grasp and lift product from the floor.
- Ability to be on feet frequently, up to 8-10 hours daily, while performing job functions.
- Ability to efficiently operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store, including but not limited to: computers, fax/copy machines, ladders, and carts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- This position will be best for someone with a flexible schedule in order to help fill in. As the company grows, there may be opportunities for growing with the team.
- Everyone must work at least one weekend day per month.
This positon may be for you if you are…
- Able to easily meet new people and build relationships
- Able to have great conversations with people face-to-face, by phone or by email
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- An excellent team player and also able to work independently
- Willing to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Solution-oriented and proactive
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
If you are…
- Passionate about health, wellness, and fitness
- Active in some form of movement activity or hobby
- Optimistic and upbeat. No negative people on our team
- Employee Discounts (For personal use)
- First 3 months: 35% F/T, 25% P/T
- After 3 months: 10% F/T, 7 % P/T
- Stipend for local area workout facility
- A beautiful, newly remodeled retail facility
- Continued and ongoing in-house training