Remedy is growing and we're hiring!
We're currently looking for amazing talent to join our team! Please see below for positions that might interest you.
We are looking for people who have a keen interest in helping people, health, wellness, and the intersection of all three. On our team, we've had dietitians, nurses, experts in supplementation, people who are passionate about running, CrossFit, pilates and more. If you are passionate and very knowledgeable about a wellness domain and physical activity, and you need to help others with your knowledge, we want to talk with you!
Role Description – Event Educator and Coordinator - Part Time, Out-of-Store
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUMMARY: The events educator should possess a positive, outgoing, and caring attitude towards all customers. The right person will be the face of the company during competitions, tournaments, races and events. The events educator will set up the best booth possible, build relationships with customers and explain options for the right tools to aid their wellness journey. The person is also responsible for taking down booth and helping coordinate future successful events.
EDUCATOR, ROLE: To make Remedy Health & Wellness the best in the business by any measure, by:
- Building relationships with event staff, competitors, attendees, customers, referrals and community members around the topic of wellness. Showing the community that Remedy has the solutions they need, and looking for ways to be more helpful.
- Displaying the best booth, exhibit and event with available resources and event space.
- Build customer relationships at events to sell solutions during the event; drive customer traffic to the store or ecommerce operations
- Sell and upsell solutions that make the customer feel great about their purchase.
- Empowering and inspiring people in their unique wellness journey.
- Developing my competencies in whatever means necessary and relevant, to ensure that what needs to happen happens, and what should not happen does not.
- Developing competencies with all company product categories and products in order to give excellent guidance to customers.
- Constantly being on the lookout for customer and industry insights that will further advance our purpose.
- Mastering the subtle details that are important to our customers that sets us apart, fulfilling my customers’ goals and adding tremendous value to their lives.
- Regularly looking for ways to improve the lines of business that are meaningful, and working to eliminate waste.
- Becoming an expert in my field and regularly helping those in my community with what I’ve learned.
Sales & Service Standards
- Understands and follows company customer service standards and expectations.
- Builds customer clientele by making customer satisfaction the store’s top priority.
- Effectively implements Store Manager Priorities to achieve sales and service goals.
- Ensures a fast and efficient checkout for customers. Processes all register transactions promptly and accurately.
- Keeps informed on new products and their features and benefits. Increases average ticket sales by modeling suggestive selling skills through add-ons sales opportunities.
- Consistently develops in-depth product knowledge by reading merchandise packaging, product brochures, and vendor information and by asking questions as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to high.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma required. Plus 1-3 years’ experience in the events environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: A strong understanding of retail POS systems required. Must be very comfortable working on a computer.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds regularly, 30 pounds of weight frequently, and 10-25 pounds of weight constantly in order to lift and move product.
- Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing a ladder.
- Ability to occasionally crouch, squat, reach, grasp and lift product from the floor.
- Ability to be on feet frequently, up to 8-10 hours daily, while performing job functions.
- Ability to efficiently operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store, including but not limited to: computers, fax/copy machines, ladders, and carts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- This position will be best for someone with weekend availability. As the company grows, there may be opportunities for growing with the team.
This positon may be for you if you are…
- Able to easily meet new people and build relationships
- Able to have great conversations with people face-to-face, by phone or by email
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- An excellent team player and also able to work independently
- Willing to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Solution-oriented and proactive
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
If you are…
- Passionate about health, wellness, and fitness
- Active in some form of movement activity or hobby
- Optimistic and upbeat. No negative people on our team
- Employee Discounts (For personal use)
- First 3 months: 35% F/T, 25% P/T
- After 3 months: 10% F/T, 7 % P/T
- Stipend for local area workout facility
- A beautiful, newly remodeled retail facility
- Continued and ongoing in-house training