How To Properly Dose CBD Hemp Products
We want to give you a few pointers on proper dosing CBD hemp products.
Sublingual Tincture (Under the tongue)
- What is sublingual? Sublingually just means, putting the oil under your tongue. We recommend holding it under your tongue 30-60 seconds.
- How do I know how much to take? Everyone’s system is different, so don’t worry. We have found that whether you purchase a 250mg or 1000mg, start with .5ml or 1/2 a dropper and increase gradually by .10-.25ml. When you start to feel the effects you desire, take down notes in your CBD journal ie. how much did you take, at what times? You can always increase the dosage! Micro-dosing, taking a few drops as a time, helps stabilize the endocannabinoid system. This will prevent changes happening in the system to quickly, and it also prevents crashing after taking too large of a dose. Our tinctures are made with MCT Oil, but feel free to mix with any of your favorite drinks. Start slow, small amounts a few times a day, two or three is a great start, we call this micro-dosing. Give it time, the oil is not an immediate pain reliever, it works as an anti-inflammatory, let it interact with your system. A single dose may not provide the desired relief. Taking small amounts of oil can yield positive results over an extended period of time.
- Be consistent! Take the same amount every day and after a week, re-evaluate. Have you reached your goal? If not add to the dosage.
- Will I feel it immediately? Give it time, the oil is not an immediate pain reliever. It works as an anti-inflammatory, so let it interact with your system. A single dose may not provide the desired relief. Taking small amounts of oil can yield positive results over an extended period of time. When you take it under the tongue this goes right into your bloodstream and through your blood vessels.
- For our 250mg products, we recommend starting with 2 drops for every 5lbs.
- All breeds may react a little differently, please use your CBD journal to chart for your furry loved one.
Topicals, Lotions, Salves
- Our topical products can be applied externally to the body, please be careful to not ingest or use on an open wound unless suggested otherwise. If the oil is hardened, which happens naturally with a product made with a coconut oil base, apply some to your hands and rub together to warm the oil and apply it to the desired area.
We wish you the best!
Feel free to call us with any questions 828.651.8223
The Remedy Health and Wellness Team